Monday, September 09, 2013

Fall 2013 - work in progress


I haven't felt like doing any painting since the mad flurry in March when I was preparing for my debut as April's Artist of the Month at the Watershed Artists Society Show.  Happily, I sold two small mixed media works from that show.  Now, after a lovely summer enjoying the water views on the Sunshine Coast, I'm inspired to try my hand at capturing the essence of some of those views, including the sculptural arbutus trees that dot the coast.  I'm attempting to loosen up my painting style for this, by using much larger brushes than I usually favour, I'm also expanding my colour palette to include toned down hues. Here's a work in progress - I'm struggling to avoid too many details, although I couldn't help myself while working on the boat - it seemed to beg for more - hopefully I haven't overdone it. I'd appreciate any feedback you have to offer.

I'll post an image of the finished painting soon.

No comments: